Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By still1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Play Music, Gingerbread, and deleting 'On-Device' music

Hello. I sincerely tried to answer this question on my own, but I am not finding a solution to my problem–however strangely.

I use Google Play Music. Over time, I've chosen certain albums to store locally ('pin') from music.google.com on my Android 2.4 phone. Now I wish to clear these out from the phone in the name of space and begin anew.

Without an apparent way to do this on the phone (?), I connected the device to a computer and wiped out the Android music directory's files manually.

Then, when I returned to my phone's Play Music app and attempted to choose new music to pin to the device, Android is re-downloading *all* of the music I had previously chosen to store locally, completely defeating the purpose of this pursuit.

Is there a way to start fresh on the phone without deleting music from music.google.com? I simply want to download a select few albums to a device from my Play Music account, not everything I have ever selected to pin since my history with the service.

I sincerely appreciate any help with this, I admit to being a little frustrated with the experience thus far.
    Last edited by dotism; 08-28-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: grammar

Default Re: Play Music, Gingerbread, and deleting 'On-Device' music

Settings-->Apps-->All Apps[on extreme right]-->Google play Music-->Clear Cache and Clear data.

open google music again. login and start with new pinning.
    Thanked by:
    dotism 
    dotism likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Play Music, Gingerbread, and deleting 'On-Device' music

You rule.

Thank you so much.