Problem updating apps

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Thought I'd write here and see if anyone else has seen this problem. I've got a good number of apps on my Nexus that is running Vicious Toro Jelly Bean, that I've loaded ok and have loaded updates two. But, I've had three instances that I've had a problem. First was with iSyncr for Mac. Original loaded OK, but could not get an update to load. Then I've loaded APW and Apex Launcher, in both cases the free versions loaded OK. Then for both of these, I've tried to load the Pro versions and I've gotten the following error message like I got trying to updateviSyncr....
Maybe have something to do with the custom ROM?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Appreciate your response. First trying Astro File Manager, I did not find anything. I downloaded ES File Explorer which I found was free and I can set it to see to root and I see folders the writer in the link you provided, but could not find the file mentioned. All the folders appeared empty. I could set ES to let me see hidden files, but nothing. I did a search of the whole root directory for the file which returned nothing. Would there be something unique about that paid app Root Manager the writter mentioned to use that maybe ES is not doing to see this file?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate your response. First trying Astro File Manager, I did not find anything. I downloaded ES File Explorer which I found was free and I can set it to see to root and I see folders the writer in the link you provided, but could not find the file mentioned. All the folders appeared empty. I could set ES to let me see hidden files, but nothing. I did a search of the whole root directory for the file which returned nothing. Would there be something unique about that paid app Root Manager the writter mentioned to use that maybe ES is not doing to see this file?

try this before. Clear cache and data for play store app. if that dont work then try the below.

are you rooted?

in es explorer settings there is a setting to enable root explorer. and that would ask for root permission. then look in to those folders.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
try this before. Clear cache and data for play store app. if that dont work then try the below.

are you rooted?

in es explorer settings there is a setting to enable root explorer. and that would ask for root permission. then look in to those folders.

I'd done the clearing if the cache and data for the play store app before with no success. I just tried it again with no results. The phone is rooted. I did go into ES and enabled root explorer and asked for root permission. I can go into the root directory, but I'm not finding anything there.

I'm beginning to feel its just something glitchy with this Vicious JB on here that is causing this problem. Its odd though that I've successfully updated and sometimes more than once many of the other apps including ones I've loaded.

Appreciate you taking the time to try helping.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd done the clearing if the cache and data for the play store app before with no success. I just tried it again with no results. The phone is rooted. I did go into ES and enabled root explorer and asked for root permission. I can go into the root directory, but I'm not finding anything there.

I'm beginning to feel its just something glitchy with this Vicious JB on here that is causing this problem. Its odd though that I've successfully updated and sometimes more than once many of the other apps including ones I've loaded.

Appreciate you taking the time to try helping.

Could be a vicious JB issue then! DO they have any latest update to the OS?
try updating the OS.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Could be a vicious JB issue then! DO they have any latest update to the OS?
try updating the OS.

It looks like I'm maybe a couple updates behind. The zipped file for Vicious I found on the phone is labeled as 3.0 and when I looked in settings at the phone info, the Kernel rev is something like 3.0. Am I looking at the correct thing? Did a search on the web for Vicious Toro and found there's a 5.0 version available.

So I'm in the process now of backing up data and files manually on the PC (just for my own piece of mind) and then I'm going to first get ClockworkMod Recovery and Rom Manager loaded and work on making a Nandroid backup. All the reading I'm doing seems to point that if your going to be doing ROM flashing thats the first advised step most opinions I read! :D No sure If I'm going to just try and update the Vicious or install something else. A couple people highly recommended this CM10 or something like that over Vicious and I was also reading about the test or preliminary version of Jelly Bean for the VZ nexus from Google that I saw on the AC forum being discussed.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and I loaded ROM Manager and from that it allowed me to flash ClockWorkMod Recovery. In ROM Manager then I did the backup routine on it. It rebooted the phone and then you see on the screen that its backing up a boot image, recovery image, system and then does a data backup. After completing it restarted the phone.

So did this just perform then a nandroid backup and am I ready to flash another ROM? In ROM Manager I can search for updates to my existing Vicious Rom and can also search for other Roms to flash.

I posted this first on another thread I started. I pretty much figured out it did create a nandroid backup.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well flashed a newer version of Vicious Toro on my phone . I let ROM Manager after doing a backup wipe everything clean as far as the system and data. Figured start from scratch in hopes the new ROM fixes getting that error problem downloading some Apps. I didn't have that many apps so I don't have too much to reload. May try a different launcher instead of Apex just to try something else.

One thing I'm not sure about what happened is that by telling ROM Manager to wipe my data clean, I lost what apps I had loaded along with my different accounts set up, so I had to reset those.

I was surprised to find all my music files, album art and some photos I had taken on the phone camera! That is data that ROM Manager does not delete?

The other thing I was dumfounded over was when I first logged back on to my google account when first restarting the phone, it went through supposedly reloading my backed up data, but I did not get back those apps I had loaded. I had my settings set for backups to be done automatically. So I'm not sure if the Google backup was not working or I'm all confused with what these different backups (Google, ROM Manager) do in fact back up? I did do a nandroid backup of my phone with ROM Manager before and before flashing the new ROM, I down loaded a couple new apps and changed some things around on my home screens and then reloaded that nandroid backup and everything came back the way it had been and those new apps were gone off my phone. So I know that nandroid backup worked all OK backing up my apps and stuff.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
After flashing the new ROM I was able to get iSyncr for Mac to reload again! So some success!

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
After flashing the new ROM I was able to get iSyncr for Mac to reload again! So some success!

So far so good. Reloaded Apex Launcher and then this time I was able to purchase and load the Pro version without getting that error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000