Logging into the Forums from Mobile Web

rob6raham

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

If i try to login to the forums from my phone (not using the app), I am always taken to the signup screen? Tried all different ways, pressing enter on keyboard, pressing login on the screen, nothing works.

Am I missing something? :-\
(Apart from the app)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happens to me all the time. Go to desktop view and you'll be allowed to sign-in with no problems. I don't know if it's a mobile page view or what. But, desktop seems to solve the problem for me.

There's always Tapatalk or the AC Forum app to get around the problem (I know you are trying to use the browser without the apps, just suggesting :) )

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
When you click to log in and it takes you to the sign up page, the login boxes are also on the same page. I think you just scroll down some to see it, but it has both on the one mobile page.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked the "keep me logged in" or "always log me in" or similar box? (That sets a cookie with your login data. If the browser you're using on your phone doesn't accept cookies, you'll have to log in every time.)

rob6raham

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Point is, it doesn't log in from the the standard Android browser. It takes you to the sign up page.

Doesn't seem likely the login cookie isn't functioning with the browser surely? No other forums have an issue?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Point is, it doesn't log in from the the standard Android browser. It takes you to the sign up page.

Doesn't seem likely the login cookie isn't functioning with the browser surely? No other forums have an issue?

Like I said earlier, it has both the login and sign up on the same page in the mobile browser. Lots of regular sites I've been to are set up this way too.
Granted, when in the forums in "guest mode" and it has the username and password boxes at the top, it would be nice if hitting login there would actually log you in instead of going to the dual login/signup page. I won't argue that point with you, but yes you can log in via the Android browser. You will see the sign up info up top, the Captcha boxes in the middle, and then two boxes for existing username and password at the bottom. I don't even try to fill in the login boxes on the main forum screen anymore, and just click on the login button with them blank if I have been logged out for some reason.

As for staying logged in, I never have much of an issue with it logging me out. Heck, when my computer crashes and most other sites now show me as logged out, this one still keeps me logged in.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No problem. I was in a bit of a hurry when I made that first one and didn't have time to log out and check it. I knew it was on that page, just not how it was laid out off hand. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX