Switching to straight talk

ballison78

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I am planning to take my AT&T branded GS3 to Straight Talk and the news is that Jelly Bean is comming soon. Does anybody know if I will still get OTA updates from AT&T?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No answer in over 24 hours, and I can't tell you either, although I'd guess that you might. (I know, I'm a big help.) Try asking in the Straight Talk section of Howard Forums. There are a lot of people there who have been on AT&T through ST for a while.

Although you should be aware that AT&T MVNOs have been having data problems for a few weeks now. Something AT&T is doing, most likely. If data (other than wifi) isn't too important to you, no problem, but if having a data connection at all times is something you need, stay with AT&T directly until this mess gets straightened out.

badrsj

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an answer but it's not direct. I had an SG2 which was activated on AT&T then moved to ST did get the last update
Whatever it was. I also had a similar device though AT&T branded was never activated on that, did not get the update.

So there's good chances you'll get the update. However savings on ST will enable you to buy a device much sooner :) i'm sorry if this doesn't sound clear enough.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital