Email Problems

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I know this isn't 100% Android related but I don't know where else to go for help. The other day, my dad questioned me about some emails that he received from me that seemed like someone had hacked my account. I changed my password and everything 2 days ago and today he said again, did you send this email? After looking at this email I found out it is being sent from some darkangel@yahoo account (I cannot remember the exact email address but I know its darkangel and then a few numbers and its from a yahoo address) but whats weird as it shows up as my name. Basically, they're spoofing my name on a different email address! Is there any way to stop this because now they're sending 5-10 emails a day to my dad and I'm not sure if anyone else is getting them or not!

Please help, I really don't like someone using my name to do harm, especially to my own family members!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's like someone sending your dad a letter, with their return address, and signing your name. It's about as tech savvy as someone calling you on the phone and claiming to be the president.

Tell your father to look at the From: address of any emails claiming to be from you, and to delete any not coming from your account. You can complain to Yahoo, but your grandchildren will be older than your father before they do anything about it.

Reactions: anon(883913)