Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

Default Downloading Google Maps maps?

I'm playing around with the thought of using my Desire as my car navigator. And so, I have a big question: Is there a way to download and save the map image files from Google Maps so that they can be accessed locally? If I'm driving and suddenly going through a low-reception area, GMaps will be unable to load new images, correct? So being able to save select areas to my phone would be nice.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, is there a way I can get the Car Panel app that's native on the Incredible onto my Desire, or will I have to wait for Google Maps Navigation?

EDIT2: Nevermind, I found this. It's awesome.
    Last edited by SeeK; 07-03-2010 at 05:53 AM.

Smile

try MAP DROYD, so awesome and the maps are FREE for THE WORLD

but did u get the Brut thing to work?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

Might give that a shot, thanks. And yeah, the Brut mod works fine. For some reason, Battery Usage says that it's behind about 85% of all consumed battery, but it really doesn't seem like it's used much. Ah well, it works anyway!

85% isn't 85% of your battery. It's 85% of your used battery. So if you used %20 of your battery, it used 85% of that 20%.