- 2 Posts
Connection to Oracle Database
We are developing an Android application will connect to Oracle DB.
I have problem with JDBC library dependencies.
I always get (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver) error, this happened when the Class.forName ("oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver") didn't find the JDBC library.
At my case I double checked that my ojdbc6.jar library is existed correctly at build path.
Is there any farther configuration I've missed ?
Regarding libraries dependencies, is there any difference at development between J2SE and Android application ?
IDE: Eclipse SDK 4.2 with Android
Android target platform: 2.3.3
Thanks and best regards,
- 09-12-2012, 10:40 AM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: Connection to Oracle Database
There's no "lib" folder at eclipse Android project.
Instead there's "libs" folder, I added the JDBC library inside this folder.
At other hand there's another library at "libs" folder, it's "android-support-v4.jar", thus I suppose that's "libs" is the correct place to add my libraries in.
Should I create "lib" folder manually ?
- 09-13-2012, 03:35 AM #4
- By alextodd16 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 14Last Post: 05-08-2013, 07:52 AM
- By largeselection in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 7Last Post: 04-24-2013, 09:36 AM
- By cornstarch in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 12Last Post: 07-16-2010, 09:36 PM
- By sirmichael in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 1Last Post: 07-15-2010, 04:49 PM
- By stfd1249 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 12-03-2009, 09:07 PM