Ebay app error your application has exceeded...

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
When i open my ebay app i get the error you application has exceeded usage limit on this call, please make all to GetApiAccessRules to check your call usage.

Not sure what that means.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Ringwood

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I called Ebay tech support. I was told the Ebay Android App was a "limited app" and I had reached the limit. She suggested I switch from using the mobile app to classic Ebay. I assume this means going to Ebay through the browser. When I questioned her about why this was happening, I could hear laughter in her voice. She did not want to explain much. I've only had the app a month or so and used it maybe 30-50 times. I don't know what limit I reached. I tried re-installing it and it would not even allow me to log back in.

I am new to the smart phone world, this Samsung s3 being my first. I have to believe there is something more going on with the eBay app than she was letting on. Why would they want it to be limited?

One good thing about having this problem is that while searching for the solution, I found this forum.

Ring

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I was told when i called they were aware of the issue and were working on it. I reinstalled and it seems to be doing ok.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Its now acting up again.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Prue070

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It cost me an auction xmas present and I'm pissed. Now m.y regular ebay isn't working, I can't see anything I'm 'watching' or have won or lost. This sucks, I did the update for the app but it still isn't working:mad:

rsanchez1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
This is so stupid. How could the official ebay app be hitting an api limit? Is it even official then?

There's a flood of 1-star reviews on Google Play, all of them angry about this stupid limit. It happened to me too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance