Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree79Likes

Default Re: how to completely remove google from android phone

Along with my post #120 above, my feelings about the whole Google vs privacy thing...

Default how to completely remove google from android phone

Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonbear View Post
    Actually android is an open source operating system. It is based on the Linux operating system. The source code can be downloaded altered and compiled for any comparable device. Google does not "own"android. Your phone will operate, third party apps will run, Google Chrome will run, etc without Google services. Anything you need to do can be done from a browser. Please do not offer advice if you don't know what you're talking about.
    Welcome, first time poster. O_o

Who are you responding to? I know very well the difference between AOSP and conventional Android releases. Do you?

The op (three years ago!) wanted to delete files in order to "stop the heartbeat." That belies a naivete about how modern digital cell phones work. They are constantly checking in with the network.... The simple answer under Android 5.0 is to turn off all syncing and use the phone as a standalone device.

Deleting files is probably going to cripple some of the OS functions, not something I'd recommend then or now.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456