Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default FDR Recovery nightmare on Razr Maxx stock with ICS

I had just finished restoring all of my apps from Google Play and my contacts/calendar from Outlook via DejaOffice following a fdr (first ran the fdr twice). I use Rerware MyBackup Pro and I had done a backup of all of my data, excluding contacts and calendars (I did not want to duplicate what DejaOffice would do separately).

The last step that I took was to finally restore my data (call logs, etc). As soon as that completed and everything listed as successful, I was shown a message in red that said to immediately reboot the phone for the data restore to take effect.

Once I rebooted the phone, every icon was gone with the exception of the Apps icon. Everything! I restarted the phone but that did not help. Tried the "clear cache" procedure by holding the power and volume buttons to go into recovery where I wiped the cache, but the same situation still exists.

It has taken well over a day to get those apps restored! Is there hopefully a setting somewhere that will restore the screens? The apps are all there, as is the ugly stock start up wallpaper.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: FDR Recovery nightmare on Razr Maxx stock with ICS

No reply but no problem. Found a way to reset home screens back to factory settings without having to fdr all over again. Just cleared the cache on the stock launcher.