Contacts Widget Disappeared and I can't re-add it from the toolbar or to the wallpaper.

ggodetan

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Somehow the contacts widget that used to be along the bottom of my screen has disappeared.

When I hit applications (circle with six dots in it), then select widgets, I find the Contact widget.

When I select and hold, it takes me back to the original screen, and if I hoover over the regular application background or the bottom dock, it makes a green rectangle, seeming to indicate that it is ready to be dropped. However, after I drop it, it just launches Contact, then the widget is gone.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks for your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone do you have? Different manufacturers have different widgets. I'm guessing that the Contact widget that you tried to place on the homescreen is only for a single contact, and when you thought it was launching Contacts when you dropped it, it was actually prompting you to select a Contact to be represented by the widget.

If the Contacts widget that disappeared brought up a group of favorite contacts, then you should look for a widget titled something like Favorites, Favorite Contacts, or People (again, depending on what kind of phone you have).

LuvWhtZin

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever fix this problem? It just happened to me today...the EXACT same thing. I can find the smart contacts in my list of widgets, and it pulls up all of my loaded contacts, but then disappears if I close it. I have no idea how to get it back, nor do I know how it even disappeared. I've had other:mad: apps also disappear periodically but have always been able to retrieve them. THIS could be a real problem. :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Widgets can't be placed in the bottom tray. Make sure you're looking for the Contacts or People app in the Apps list, not the Widgets list. I'm realizing now that in my first response, I didn't make this distinction.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

RodHerzog

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
My Sam Galaxy Nexus did the exact same thing yesterday. And I beg to differ about not being able to put it there-my "Contacts" widget icon disappeard FROM the bottom tray. Further, I can't add the widget to ANY screen, not just the bottom tray.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whoops, you're right. I didn't realize that you can add 1x1 size widgets to the bottom tray; however, you can't add widgets that are any bigger, even 2x1.

One thing you can try is go to Settings/Apps/All, selecting Launcher (or the equivalent), and then Force Closing it. Then go back to your homescreen. This will restart your homescreens, but you won't lose your configurations. It might correct the glitch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

hoofe

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, this problem just happened to me also. I just went into the applications menu, found the Launcher app, Forced Closed it and cleared the cache. It resets your Home Screen back to default but it brings back the Contacts icon. Reconfiguring my screens again was worth getting back the contacts icon. Thanks to B. Diddy for his comment that allowed me to get this working again.

Katrina Milam

May 4, 2015
Visit site
It's under apps but it's called "People" instead of contacts like you would expect. It took me forever to find it. While we are on this subject, is there anyway to lock that bar across the bottom so things don't get deleted to begin with? I keep all of my important things there and every now and then something disappears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid