Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By larabar
  • 1 Post By jamaal91
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Micro Sd Card not working?

I have a Samsung Micro Sd Card SD HC 8Gb. I've had it in my phone (Htc Evo 4g) for a while now but one day it said I have no Sd Card inside. I took out the battery reinserted it inside but no luck. Then I checked on a computer and when I click on Removable Disk, its says, "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (E.
    I have also tried this method (make use of. com /tag/how-to-recover-data-from-a-corrupt-memory-card-or-usb-drive/) but when I enter Chkdsk e: /r it says, "cannot open volume for direct access." Please help, I have many stuff on the Sd Card and I don't wanna format it and lose all my data. Any help?

Default Re: Micro Sd Card not working?

Do you mean you took out the SD Card and then reinserted it, or was it actually the battery you took out and reinserted? It's possible that the SD card may have become unseated, perhaps if the phone dropped--if you haven't tried already, take the card out and then reinsert it, making sure it clicks into place.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

yea y would you take out the battery? Go to settings storage and see if it says mount SD card?? If so release the SD card then push it back in and press mount if it didn't do it already and if not you mite have a burnt SD card it can happen if you rooted and tweaked the SD speed there set there for a reason. I hope we were of help

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have to take out the battery in order to get to the sd card. My phone didnt read the sd card and neither did my computer.

---------- Post Merged at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:21 AM ----------

My phones not rooted

ROM
    Arctic HD

If it isn't being read on either device it is likely that it is shot. These things happen sometimes, you can format it and see if it is still Usable, and if it is you may be able to recover some of the files using a recovery program on your computer.

Sucks when these things happen. So far I've been lucky and haven't had this happen to me but I know of friends who this has happened to.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Man, I hate phone makers who force you to take the battery out in order to access the SD. Thank God they've realized now that this is utterly stupid.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

The micro sd card is not showing up anywhere. Not on my computer nor my phone, as if there was nothing there.

ROM
    Arctic HD

You're gonna have to format it and hope that it will work after and you won't have to buy a new one. Do a Google search for some type of file recovery program and hopefully you can recover some stuff

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

how do you format when it's not being recognized? i know how to format an sd card when it shows up under removable disks on a computer, but not when it's not recognized by any device.
    Moayyad Aboud likes this.

having the same problem. need help
    Moayyad Aboud likes this.

Check the memory card for any type of crack and metal part of the card is ok or not. Because of this your memory card can not be detected with the mobile and computer as well.

i have the same problem that the SD card cant be recognized neither on the phone nor the computer . so how can i forrmat or recover it ????

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed Alaa View Post
    i have the same problem that the SD card cant be recognized neither on the phone nor the computer . so how can i forrmat or recover it ????

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed Alaa View Post
    If your SD card can't even be recognized by your computer, then it's probably unsalvageable. You could try it on someone else's computer just to be sure, but you're better off getting a new card. If there was important data on the faulty SD card, then you could look for some local data recovery service to see what they can do.

Posted via Android Central App