Cannot even find this problem elsewhere...

MinerWill

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
...let alone a solution. I had my wife listed as 3 separate contacts with my Nextel Blackberry: 1. her primary contact with emails, work info, etc. 2. as .Laura so that she'd be the first to pop up when I went to PTT. and 3. as ICE with "wife" listed after the #. Now in the world of Android every time I call her it reads as ICE, with the # carrying an extra 9 (for w) and asks if I want to send extra digits 433 (for ife). I would prefer that 1. be her primary and that when she calls or I call her it comes up with her name, not ICE.

I have a similar situation where I have a company listed, yet every time I call that # it pops up as a contact for a specific employee there. Is there any way to select a primary contact?

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all for your time and attention.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I really don't understand much of that entire email, but it sounds like instead of having one contact with three numbers, you've set up 3 contacts with one number each. Is that right?

But this is what I do. I have my wife listed as one single contact, with multiple numbers (a home number, a work number, and her cell number). Then I have the cell number set as her primary (default) number. Then when I call her, it always dials the cell by default, but if I can easily dial one of the other numbers by going to her contact card and selecting another number (or using the voice dialing to say "Call <name> at home" or "Call <name> at work"

For the company thing you mention, it sounds like you have a contact and a company set up with the same number? I am not sure how that would work since I don't have that situation with multiple contacts sharing the same number.

MinerWill

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
EvilMonkey,

I appreciate your response, and apologize that my question wasn't more clear, but essentially I have my wife listed 3 times, but I'll focus on only two, 1 is her primary listing with work info, all #s, etc... and the 2nd is her listed as ICE (in case of emergency). Rather than caller id showing her it shows as ICE. I'm wondering if it's possible to make her primary listing the one that appears. I have no idea why the phone grabbed the single # in ICE and determined that every time I hear from her it shows ICE and the incoming call/text.

You nailed the problem with the company: multiple contacts share the same number. I don't know how to make one primary over the other, which would help with the previous probelm as well.

Thanks.