Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry RE: Got my New Furby toys today... and am ticked off !

I preordered 2 Furbys from the Walmart website last month and they arrived today Wed 9/19

I didn't even opened the boxes.

On the box it said to download the Furby App to interact with Furby.

Guess what.... APPLE OS Only !

Doesn't Hasbro realize over 1 Million Android phones are activated every day ?

I went to the Hasbro site to locate their facebook page and NO Facebook page ?

I was ready to rant to Corporate to attract their attention.

Furbys going back to Walmart today.

Chas DROID

My Device EVO 3D
    Zalee Harris likes this.

Global Posts
    2,332 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Got my New Furby toys today... and am ticked off !

First, I can't believe Furby's are making a comeback! I remember getting them for my kids 10 years ago, and the Furby waking me up in the middle of the night because it was hungry.

Anyway, I can see why you're irritated. It's inexcusable to not have an app for each major platform. They spend all this time and money to create an interactive product, and then alienate the OS with the most market share. Brilliant move by whoever is in charge. I did see articles that say an Android app will be released in the future.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I did see articles that say an Android app will be released in the future.
    If it upsets you that much, write them an email. And, like NickA said, there will be one out in the future. But, writing an email could help nudge them to do so quicker.

Default Re: RE: Got my New Furby toys today... and am ticked off !

What's A Furby?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Android Central Forums
    MZ. YANNY 79
    darthmemnoch likes this.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

ROM
    BOBZ CM9

Time to start loading the pellet Guns and bottle rockets, a furby is an annoying toy

Word of the day is " Legs" spread the word
    Thanked by:
    KitN 

While I understand your frustration, I've seen the commercials on TV and they specifically mention using an iOS app is required. I'm sure an Android app is coming, but I also understand that developing for Android takes longer because of the variety of hardware.

You don't have to have an app to use the Furby toy. You can still play with the Furby and feed it just like the original. The only thing you won't be able to do, is understand what it's saying without the app. But I read somewhere that there is an online dictionary.

I with you. What six year old do you know that own an iPhone? How old are those in this forum? I am 50+ and I ordered two Furbies and I can't use technology to feed them! I was looking for the Android app when I found your comment. Yes, I and ticked off also. I joined Android Central just to be able to comment on your post. Now, I am going to contact Android and give them a piece of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasDROID View Post
    I preordered 2 Furbys from the Walmart website last month and they arrived today Wed 9/19

I didn't even opened the boxes.

On the box it said to download the Furby App to interact with Furby.

Guess what.... APPLE OS Only !

Doesn't Hasbro realize over 1 Million Android phones are activated every day ?

I went to the Hasbro site to locate their facebook page and NO Facebook page ?

I was ready to rant to Corporate to attract their attention.

Furbys going back to Walmart today.

Chas DROID

My Device EVO 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Zalee Harris View Post
    I with you. What six year old do you know that own an iPhone? How old are those in this forum? I am 50+ and I ordered two Furbies and I can't use technology to feed them! I was looking for the Android app when I found your comment. Yes, I and ticked off also. I joined Android Central just to be able to comment on your post. Now, I am going to contact Android and give them a piece of my mind.
    I'm pretty sure that you should direct your comments to hasbro and not "android"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

YES i'm pretty Niffed off too i have a HTC desire mobile .. bought the new red furby today 26/9 for my young daughter and now worried i can't really get the full use outta this very dear toy worth 59.99.. guys Do you need this App ?? or can you still maintain this toy ? is there an free furby android App coming out for this FURBY ? I AGREE ITS BLINKING SILLY THIS FREE FURBY APP SHOULD BE FOR MOST TO UP TO DATE MOBILE PHONES .. BUT also agree most young kids don't have these's nice mobile phones in able to download free App .. if i can mange without this App for abit for my daughter till thay bring an furby Android app then i'll wait till it comes out ,otherwise i'll get my MONEY back on my daughter's furby as not much good without this APP !!! VERY UNHAPPY ..
    PLEASE FEED BACKS WELCOME IF YOU CAN HELP WITH ADVISE
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

How old are those in this forum?
    I'm sure the age range on this forum varies, but, I don't really see how it's relevant. What are you getting at? I'm sure we have members that are 50+, but, I doubt we have any that are six years old.

Now, I am going to contact Android and give them a piece of my mind.
    You would need to contact Hasbro, not Google. Google has nothing to do with this.

I completely agree I bought my daughter one and can't use half of the features that it boasts. I think they need to get there stuff together and put out an app for android users.

Does it say that you NEED the app to feed it?

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

I remember Furbies. Both of my kids had them. My wife even found a Gizmo Furby (from the movie Gremlins). Definitely an annoying toy.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

You DO NOT need the app, it's just an over hyped added bonus! There is a furbish dictionary, here

You feed it with your finger. The new ones are just more animatronic and smoother then the old ones with less grinding noise and with up dated pixelatated eyes, adding more emotion.

Nothing else has changed, just the look and a few extra swithes, ie tail.

But please stop thinking the app is nessesry, it's not! It's just out there for a bit more fun. Not having it will not prohibit the use of your furby.

Thanked by:

Hi All - There is a Furby App now for Android - Just seach for Furby out in the Google Play market. Just in time for the Christmas rush!
    Last edited by rach1270; 11-23-2012 at 03:22 PM.

unfortunately that app is not suitable for some android devices

It appears the android app has only been out for a couple weeks. Hopefully Hasbro has the more of the bugs worked out before Christmas and working with more devices.
    I bought 2 furbys for my kids - I will reply back after Christmas once they have opened their gifts to let you know how it works on the HTC Evo (orig version from 2 1/2 years ago). Keeping my fingers crossed!

Exclamation Re: Got my New Furby toys today... and am ticked off !

Hi everybody!
    I'm waiting for my Furby to arrive and knew I wouldn't be able to have that cool app to feed it and such, but while I was randomly looking about for things Furby I found they have now released the app on Android.
    Thought you might like to know

It's still quite new so it may not work on every android phone at the moment.

I was worried that you couldn't feed it traditionally my phone is an Alcatel One Touch 880, there is no way I could get the Apple app for Furby. There is a full dictionary at furby.com. I downloaded it as a PDF from the site, though I am sure if you wanted to print it out that would be an option. How do you feed it traditionally, I never had one before?

Quote Originally Posted by jaredw444 View Post
    Time to start loading the pellet Guns and bottle rockets, a furby is an annoying toy

Word of the day is " Legs" spread the word
    I want to bring back the Pet Rock and create an App for that. It won't do anything, just sit there on your device. Just like the rock.

I bet millions would line up to buy them and the app.

Plus, I promise to create the app for all platforms............

P.S. If someone beats me to it, I want royalties.....

GUESS WHAT !!! The Furby app is now available on the android market!! since 23 November!!!

You don't need the Furby app to feed Furby. Just press down on it's tongue to 'feed' it. You'll know that it's eating when it makes chommping noises.
    The app helps translate what Furby is saying, which is cool. Plus it has a pantry that updates itself with a variety of food and non food items that can be given to Furby.

Hello........
    You only use the app if you want.
    Its the if you want to translate furbish to English okay.
    Also the other one is to feed it with out touching it.
    sorry if i hurt your feelings!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast