Just rooted my phone and don't understand what to do

spenelli

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus V with Virgin Mobile. I am from the USA. I am currently in Scotland. I shut my phone off before I got here. I've been here over a month, and my phone stayed with American time. Easy enough, just add 6 hours. Not. Out of nowhere it decided to set itself to January 1980. I looked online and everyone's solution was simply: root your phone. No other instruction, just root your phone. So I did. I have Gingerbreak and it came with superuser. I looked all around and my phone looks exactly the same, I can't do anything special at all. Can't change the time, can't uninstall pre-installed apps. Superuser appears to do nothing. So what the %$?& was the point? What am I supposed to do to set my time manually and these other wonderfull things I'm supposed to be able to do?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Install a terminal app and you can manually set the time (using the usual Unix commands).

Rooting just gives you root access, it doesn't change anything. Whoever told you that just rooting the phone would fix the time problem was wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad