Request for information for several different phones.

bulletbeast

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
This is quite a lengthy request. I work in the IT/Helpdesk for a staffing company. The company has several employees remote and here in the home office that have android phones for their business phone. Some used as hotspots and what not. The issue is that we are about to go through a domain migration. This migration is changing the email address domain for everyone in the company. Vast majority of our employees are using a phone on 2.2 or 2.3. In most of these cases I have run into so far, any one on 2.x will have to reset their phone to factory defaults to wipe the default account, to set up an account with the new domain. It is a bit taxing of a process, and stepping someone through this over the phone isn't exactly hard, but time consuming. Depending on who I am speaking with, I am looking at upwards of 45+ minutes to get the full process done per person. We have 4, sometimes 5 people to complete this task for all of our colleagues with android phones, which amounts to 150+ people. All of our phones are stock OS, no rooting or custom ROMS. To help keep as many calls off our back over the next few weeks, I am trying to gather step by step instructions for each of the following phones that the company has issued to employees. To get to the final point, If any one has any of the following phones on standard OS, I am hoping I can get exact wording and process to back up contacts, preferably to SD card and google. Next, would be to either change the default account for 4.x or to reset the phone to factory settings, 2.x. I really don't want to ask any users to actually go through the process of actually resetting the phone, but if someone is willing to do so, then please post the step by step of the account set up as well. Exact verbiage is important.

So far I have gathered the phone, what I believe should be the model number, and what I found to be the latest OS.

Droid Atrix 2 - (Model: mb865): 2.3.6?

Droid Bionic - (model: XT875): 2.3.4

Droid EVO - (Model APX325CKT): 2.3.3

Droid Incredible - (Model ADR6300VW): 2.3.4

Droid Pro/XPRT - (model XPRT) : 2.3

Samsung Galaxy S II (model SPH-D710) : 2.3.6? Soon to be 4.0 or 4.1

HTC Thunderbolt(model B005ML7OWO): 2.3.4

HTC Rezound (model B0061R3DVO): 2.3.4 or 4.0.3

Samsung Charge: 2.3.6

Samsung Nexus : 2.3.6?

Samsung Nexus S: 2.3, soon to be 4.1

I've found that any phone on 4.x does not need to be reset to factory settings to either add and change an account, or just even clear the initial account and set up a new account. I am aware that for the most part, the process will be very much the same, but I am taking in to consideration that if the verbiage is not 100%, my coworkers are going to get very confused

Thanks much in advance

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power