Can I download RAW GPS Data?

rbraitz

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am using an android app on my htc evd3d from sprint, I have ICS....the app im using is Trip Log Gps mileage.....
anyway, last week I had my gps trip log app on, tracking mileage just fine, got pulled over for speeding. Officer stated i was on hwy X, but I was on hwy Y....if I can get the data, then I can get out of my ticket? Any ideas would be greatful!

thanks

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Interesting scenario. Does the trip log app not let you explore the log as to where you were and at what time? Isn't that the whole point of a GPS trip log app? Explore the app settings or even use a file explorer app to search through that particular folder.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And once you do, understand how the law works. Don't interrupt the officer while he's testifying. Once he's done, ask "and you're absolutely certain, Officer Jones, that it was on highway X, and it was at 11:34 AM on Octembuary 2349?" That's it. That's all you want, is his certainty that it was on Highway X at that time on that date. Thank him and say "Nothing further".

Once it's your turn, offer the log as a defense exhibit. Then you can testify that, as the log clearly shows, you weren't ON that road at that time on that date, and "I move for a dismissal on presentation of evidence". Evidence always trumps testimony (in a real court).

If it's a real court the charge will be dismissed. If the court allows the officer to amend his affidavit after your testimony (meaning it's a "traffic court", not a real court where rules of evidence apply), it's reversible error. (Then you'd have to hire an attorney to appeal the conviction, but just saying "notice of intent to appeal" will get most "traffic judges" to "rethink" matters. They don't keep their jobs if they get reversed too often.)

Just having the log isn't enough - you have to know how to use it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36