1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't send pictures from galaxy s2

Help. I can't send pictures from my galaxy s2 anymore.

Default Re: Can't send pictures from galaxy s2

A bit more info would be helpful.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I used to be able to take a pictures with my samsung galaxy S2 and send the pictures via text message to other people. However, I can no longer send pictures by attaching the picture to a text message.

not to sound rude, but like evilmonkey said, you need to provide some more info. what happened between the time when you were able to and then not able to send pics? are you rooted? did you freeze/uninstall something that you shouldn't have? we'll help you if we can but you have to do a little bit of the leg work too

Are you trying to do it while connected to wifi? I know on mine I have to be on mobile data or else I can't send pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Ive been havein the same problem at one point i could sent picture msgs then my phone was acting up where it wouldnt connect to make a phonecall did a factory reset and still havent been able to. phone seems to be working good other then the picture msgs issue. not entierly sure what kind of phome i got jist know its a pre-paid android

Same happen to me all you want to do is turn wifi of and use your data usage. Hope that helps

I had an update for the phone come on last night, let it update and all...wokeup in the morning, tried sending a pic to a friend..kept saying Sending...tried again to a different friend, same thing....hours go by still saying sending. Im using the data usage, no wifi...have a friend send ME a pic this time and ALL the pics i tried sending went through to them and i got the persons pic, BUT when i tried sending again after all that..had the same problem unless they sent me a picture right after. makes sense? any hopes of an answer to this?

I also have this issue. Not sure what the cause is because I am not sure exactly when it started so I'm not able to pin point whether or not I did an update or another software change that would have caused it but it is really a pain. Sorry I couldn't be very specific about the issue more.

That's kind of stupid, so the only way to send or receive pictures is by using your data? Why can't they allow you to use wifi?

My s2 was working perfectly on sending pictures until one time I was on Facebook messages and. This thing showed up saying which would you like it to choose automatically and it showed SD card and gallery I accidentally pressed SD and it stopped working after that not letting me sending any pictures on anything not even normal messager

Thanks! Who knew?:-) I turned off WiFi and all sent.

THIS MORNING I activated my Samsung Galaxy S2 with Boost Mobile.

I have been able to send text messages, but have NOT been able to send pictures in a txt.

I turned off wifi, and turned on Mobile Data.

Is there anything else any of you know about that might help?

Thankyou

What kind of message does it give you when you try to send the picture?

i have a samsung galaxy s2 from boost mobile. i ve had my phone about 6 months now. i was able to send pics via text up until i manually updated the firmware from ice cream sandwich to jelly bean. now it will no longer send pics. i tried turning off/ on wifi like suggested in previous posts but still it wont. PLEASE HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adammcgovern View Post
    not to sound rude, but like evilmonkey said, you need to provide some more info. what happened between the time when you were able to and then not able to send pics? are you rooted? did you freeze/uninstall something that you shouldn't have? we'll help you if we can but you have to do a little bit of the leg work too
    Hey there, I have a rooted galaxy s2 that receives mms just fine, but doesn't and them. It's not the network, I have boost, or the text message settings, I checked. Any ideas?

Global Posts
    13,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Jacobson View Post
    Hey there, I have a rooted galaxy s2 that receives mms just fine, but doesn't and them. It's not the network, I have boost, or the text message settings, I checked. Any ideas?
    Welcome to the forums!
    Maybe the file type? Boost may not like .png images.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here