Samsung Galaxy S3 lockscreen glitch?

KPhantastic

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, so this has happened on numerous times on my Galaxy S3 on my lockscreen and it's very frustrating. I tried rotating the screen etc but the only solution is the restart my phone but it takes too long. Is there a quicker fix to this? I've tried many combinations of buttons as well. While in this screen, I cannot press my password to get into my phone so I have to restart it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-03-21-53-06.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-03-21-53-06.png
    927.9 KB · Views: 25

sinfonia

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having same issue throughout the day when using a PIN. Don't know of permanent fix but quickest way for me to get past this was to go to Emergency Call, rotate screen to landscape, and once i back out of there, lock screen is back to normal.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I can't believe that didn't come up in testing. Do you do anything crazy with your phone? Or, just make phone calls, text message and web browsing?

sinfonia

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I can't believe that didn't come up in testing. Do you do anything crazy with your phone? Or, just make phone calls, text message and web browsing?

No, mainly email; some texting,browsing. Doesn't happen every time but happens daily. I've noticed it's more likely to happen when I let the screen time out on its own rather than pressing power. I was just in gmail inbox (in portrait mode), have phone set to 1 minute of inactivity and when I went to turn it on, I got that same screen OP posted. Tried to repeat it and got normal screen.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's really weird. Well, thanks for posting your workaround. It's better than no solution, that's for sure.

Prncss_J

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issues, and I use the pattern lock.....the emergency- call landscape deal works, but it seems as though this is not an isolated issue and needs to be looked into......I have the factory ROM as well

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It might behoove you guys to shoot Samsung an email. If they aren't aware of this now, it would let them know. And, the more people that express their concern, the more likely it is to get fixed quickly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12