Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Need help... asap... Youtube not working on WIfi on Nexus 7 and Iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnPaulN View Post
    Try using the mobile YouTube site (m.youtube.com) from your desk/laptop. What happens?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Default Need help... asap... Youtube not working on WIfi on Nexus 7 and Iphone 4

Didn't work on chrome either

Default Re: Need help... asap... Youtube not working on WIfi on Nexus 7 and Iphone 4

Don't know how the rtsp protocol was included. Try .

Default Re: Need help... asap... Youtube not working on WIfi on Nexus 7 and Iphone 4

Youtube has stopped working on the Galaxy nexus from Oct 1st for some reason. i tried factory reset, clearing cache, changing router settings, nothing works. very annoying
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Ill try when I get home..
    I'm very frustrated with it
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

This is what I was told to do.

This issue could be caused by a general connection issue. Please try the
    following steps to resolve this issue:

- Change your internet/3G connection by toggling it off and then on again.
    - Reboot your device.
    - Sign in and out of Google Talk repeatedly to restore connection to our
    servers.

So to complicate things even more, I connected to my dad's wifi (same isp) and everything works fine. WTF?

I'm glad it isn't working for other people either. It's only been in the last few days that it has stopped working with my wifi. I've tried literally everything you can to reset. I also tried it at my work on wifi and it didn't work so I know it's not my router. Something must be going on with Google's side.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by mscfl View Post
    So to complicate things even more, I connected to my dad's wifi (same isp) and everything works fine. WTF?
    See that don't make since.. That's crazy

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

What ISP are you guys using? Some ISP servers don't play nice with Google ??

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    What ISP are you guys using? Some ISP servers don't play nice with Google ??

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    I have Metrocast in NH. It's always worked fine. And it works fine on my PC. Just not on my 4 varying Android devices. It's not on my end.

I'm in NH as well. Also on metrocast. Having the same issues. Everything but YouTube seems to work on wifi.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

It's getting on not working that's for sure

I'd still like to see the response from .
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnPaulN View Post
    I'd still like to see the response from .

Won't play video under mobile.

Reg site it will

This is a Router / AP issue especially if your device works on another WiFi Router/AP

FYI: That cell phones, iPhones, tablets use a generic "N" chip for WiFi (cheap version chip) & only run on the 2.4 MHz band

● Try rebooting your Router/AP (shut it off via power supply for a few minutes & then plug it back in.
    ● If you changed or altered your Router/AP settings put them back to where they where or back to stock & start again
    ● Verify which WiFi Encryption method is compatible with your device
    ● Make sure your not running your Router / AP on dual band or 40 mHz because you will get a
    Wifi signal, it won't work and it is usually not compatible for use with these devices.

● So I would check your Router/ AP settings especially if your WiFi, use basic settings with password & compatible encryption

This issue would not have anything to do with your ISP, it is a Router / AP setting issue

Hope that helps

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmeister View Post
    This is a Router / AP issue especially if your device works on another WiFi Router/AP

FYI: That cell phones, iPhones, tablets use a generic "N" chip for WiFi (cheap version chip) & only run on the 2.4 MHz band

● Try rebooting your Router/AP (shut it off via power supply for a few minutes & then plug it back in.
    ● If you changed or altered your Router/AP settings put them back to where they where or back to stock & start again
    ● Make sure your not running your Router / AP on dual band or 40 mHz because you will get a
    Wifi signal, it won't work and it is usually not compatible for use with these devices.

● So I would check your Router/ AP settings especially if your WiFi, use basic settings with password & compatible encryption

This issue would not have anything to do with your ISP, it is a Router / AP setting issue

Hope that helps
    So what settings should I use?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

I reset my router and made it open no password default settings and still doesn't work.

So i believe it's a Google thing

Hope that helps
    I appreciate the help, but I don't see how this can be the issue. I could see it being a conflict between Youtube and certain routers and ISPs. Mine was working up until the 1st and NO changes have been made to any of my router or modem settings. It would have to be something that changed on Youtube's end right? Unless all of our various ISPs changed some setting,,,,

I haven't changed anything on my end either. YouTube will play in the browser but not in the mobile site.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by rkcfan View Post
    I haven't changed anything on my end either. YouTube will play in the browser but not in the mobile site.

My nexus doesn't have flash so I can't check that

Hope that helps
    I appreciate you trying to help, but that's just not true. YouTube worked fine for me up until a few days ago. It doesn't work on my default settings router that I reset 3 times, nor does it work on my work wifi which is a different brand of router. I've tried everything I can think of (I'm a computer repair tech) and I have come up empty. It has to be YouTube's fault.

I am the IT director for a school district here in CT. Youtube works fine on our laptops and desktops connected to our fiber-Internet connection. We have a wifi router connected to a cable modem from Metrocast of CT for vendors to access the Internet... laptops used to access Youtube on it work fine, mobile devices like iPhones, iPod Touch and the Nexus 7 fail continuously. Metrocast blames in on Google changing something.

Just curious how many other people are having this same problem, have Metrocast, and are using a wireless B/G (not N) router...

Quickest fix: Change the DNS server setting on your device to 8.8.8.8 which is Google's DNS server.
    Last edited by Aegeis; 10-07-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    bigcatman likes this.

I have metrocast in Va king George county and I'm having the issue still. I went to another wifi and it works. The people from metrocast came out and the tech said he's having the same issue at his home with his daughters ipod with YouTube while on wifi. I they are monitoring my line to see what they can discover.

So it's metrocast? Grr. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast