1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery exclamation. Status unknown?

Anyone know what this means?

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery exclamation. Status unknown?-uploadfromtaptalk1349451750337.jpg  

Default Re: Battery exclamation. Status unknown?

Weird. Are you using the stock battery or a third party one?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's the battery it came with. I've had a few refurbs. But it's still the stock htc battery. It comes and goes. Charging or not. I run the Battery Bar app but I don't know how that could affect the battery status.

Here's a thread about the same problem. No clear resolution, but HTC thought it was due to a defective battery:

Also this one:

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hmn, im still under warranty. So i might just take it in rather than screw around.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm having usb issues now too. Was charging sporadically. And computer doesn't detect it. It says it's charging but won't show up as a drive. Seems like I can make it work by holding the plug a certain way.

Totally sucks. Going in for my 4th refurbished replacement.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Just a few things to throw out there:

Cable: ● "Seems like I can make it work by holding the plug a certain way" That means it is the cable or connection at the PC but it
    is known with the device end connector (always try to be a little gentle).
    ● Possible Fix: I would definitely try another cable, hopefully a good one and be sure not to force it like most peeps do.
    ● How is your USB cable?
    ● Can you test with another USB cable and / or check the USB port on your PC / Mac & Device?
    ● Can your device charge with normal AC wall adapter (don't know if your cable is removal & your using it on your PC)
    ● Can you try another AC wall charger

Battery Display Status:

● Did you try a battery pull for like 10 minutes? (that should clear any normal corrupted files that may be causing this)
    ● Do you have another battery to test it?

I know you said it's under warranty, but they always replace with a used phone (they call it refurbished LOL) so you
    may end up with something worse...

Hope that may help

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX

I have the same problem with my unrooted Droid Incredible 2. I just ignore it because I have a battery widget and it tells me what percentage my battery is at.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

i did a factory reset, the battery status seems to be ok now, but the charging port is definitely borked. VZW is sending me a refurb replacement. (this one has a scratched screen anyway )

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

For future knowledge, it sounds as if either the "bar" in the port got bent or there's dirt in the port. If you look into the port in a strong light with a good magnifier, you can usually see the problem and fix it with a needle. Once you;ve done one, it takes about 60 seconds to fix one.

(You may also get an indication that the phone is charging when it's not plugged in with this problem.)

Sent from my Precedent using Android Central Forums

Battery Status Unknown / Wont Charge Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100
    This happened after I installed android 4.2.2 ,my battery status icon turned gray, and only displays a question mark. When I go to battery status in the settings menu it reads unkown. I just got home to plug it into the charger but it will not charge, I have also done a battery pull. Any advice?