Jelly Bean question from a newbie!
I am an Android newbie and have a question regarding Jelly Bean.
I didnít purchase my phone through a cell phone provider. I purchased it full price through a seller.
I heard that when updating the software one must wait for an update from their service provider. Since my cell phone provider doesnít offer the S3 and I purchased it from someone, will I ever see any notification telling me that my software is read to be updated to Jelly Bean? Also, does anyone know when this update might be available when not depending on a cell phone provider to send the notification?
- 10-05-2012, 11:40 AM #2
- 10-11-2012, 10:28 PM #3
- 2,427 Posts
- Calkulin 2.7/Desperado
Re: Jelly Bean question from a newbie!
You may not receive an OTA update of an update if your carrier does not offer the device. You can likely update via Samsung Kies. Look through the Samsung website and see if a manual update is avaialble for your phone model; note that there are different S3 variants and you need the update specific to the one you have.
- By tmfoughty in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 3Last Post: 04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
- By jenfisher29 in forum Motorola Droid ProReplies: 2Last Post: 01-06-2011, 09:39 AM
- By igotsanevo4g in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 08-01-2010, 02:51 AM
- By COMOEd in forum HTC HeroReplies: 3Last Post: 11-23-2009, 06:21 PM
- By ituleb in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 10-30-2009, 07:07 PM