Diploma thesis about smartphones? help please

facebookovec

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

Does anyone know some good topic for diploma about smartphones? I would like to write about them but I don't know about what? I just don't want to do some programming for smartphones.

I have to say also that my diploma need to have some practical part. With "practical part" I mean to do something alone. It could be some survey or something else. And this practical part must be useful for someone (for example company).

Thank you I would be very grateful if you can help me.

joel_erv

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I work for a major carrier. I was surprised to find that somewhere around 70% of our users rely on their phone for on line access due to not having a pc/tablet. Would be interesting information.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Android Central Forums

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
And lot of people use smartphones for daily tasks, work, and school. People rely on smartphones for just about everything these days. News, weather, navigation, finding a place to eat for lunch, keeping track of their diet and exercise stats. They do so much aside from making a phone call. There is a lot to write about on the subject

~?~HTC Evo Design~?~

fixerdave

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. But I don't see that I could write about that 70 or more pages :).

Not entirely on-point but the narrower your thesis the more you can write about it. Seriously. Classic example: writing about writing is going to leave you staring at a blank page. Writing about pens is pretty hard too. Writing about a particular pen... might get you somewhere. Writing about the history of a particular pen... that's a topic you could write about. Writing about the chemical composition of the ink and how it's changed over the years in a particular pen... now you could probably fill 70 pages with that. When you get that "I dunno what to write about" feeling, start narrowing your options down. It's classic advice because it works.

On-point, determining who, exactly (by survey), doesn't bother with desktop systems anymore might be interesting. I suspect that 70% might vary a lot by region, age, payscale, etc.. A historical graph showing the rise of PC usage, and internet usage, and how PC usage peaked and then started dropping (as a percentage) could easily fill 70 page. Actually, to do that topic justice, you'd probably need a whole book. Seriously, research global trends over time then do a snapshot survey of your school for comparison. 70 pages easy.

You could write 70 pages about how a particular user gives up a desktop system after getting used to a particular predictive touch keyboard. Thoughts, feelings, regular speed typing tests for comparison. So much to write about there... 70 pages might be cramped.

David...

facebookovec

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. So you suggests one of the questions in my research to be how many people use in my country smartphones and how many PC's comparing to statistics from other countries. The next question could be why they use so much smartphones compared to PC's. What do you suggest more? IMPORTAND THING: I need to have around 2-3 hypothesis in my research. And important here is that individual hypothesis is big enough that I could do few questions about it, not just one. So hypothesis "People in my country use smartphones more than PC's" is not so good because I can do only two question about this hypothesis: "How much you use smartphones" and "How much you use PC's".