Will performing a factory reset lock my phone

johnnnnnymtl

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I am a bit of a newbie with these things so here is my situation :

I am having major battery draining issues with my phone, i have read about all the tips and tricks and trying to get to the bottom of it, but nothing seems to be helping. I read that doing a factory reset might help the situation. I just want to make sure that if i do that, that my phone will still remain unlocked to any carrier I want.

Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
SIM locking and factory reset have nothing to do with each other.

But factory reset and battery use have nothing to do with each other either.

Use Startup Manager (free) to make sure that the phone doesn't start with a lot of crap you don't need running.

And be realistic about what you expect from the battery. A week with 3G, Wifi and GPS running is more than you'll get.

johnnnnnymtl

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much for the advice! I actually found a great solution which is juice defender, and I don't have to charge my phone three times a day anymore. I pretty much know that excessive use of the phone can't make miracles but when I noticed that my phone was draining the battery by 40%over night with no usage, I thought I would try anything.

Thanks for the info on the original question as well regarding factory unlock and reset. This is a great and helpful forum!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
when I noticed that my phone was draining the battery by 40%over night with no usage
Have email set to sync once an hour or less, and have everything that you don't need turned off at night. (If you're okay syncing your email in the morning, turn off syncing, 3G and wifi at night.) Every app that's running draws current and every radio that's turned on draws current.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87