SD Cards- 16 or 64

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I am the own of am old, yet awesome, Droid Incredible 2. I have the 16gb SD card in it, atleast I think. I really want to keep this phone for a pretty long time, so I was wondering if you guys would suggest to get a 64gb SD card...I have seen that people usually have at least 16gb, but I think I want more than that. What would you guys personally do?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
64 GB is a whole lotta storage. What do you intend to use it for? If you have a lot of music and/or videos that you like to keep locally stored on your phone, then 64 GB is reasonable. But having a huge storage card won't necessarily make your phone run any faster. And you should be cautious about whether your phone can actually handle 64 GB cards, which are SDXC (not SDHC). This website says that the phone can only handle up to 32GB:

HTC DROID Incredible 2 specs

I think 32 GB is way more than enough for most users.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I was going to put more music on my phone also. I knew I should have checked the specs before I posted this.... But if I were to go up to 32gb, how would I transfer all of my stuff that's on my 16 to my 32gb?

FBPD10

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Place the content of your old card on your computer. Then put your new card in and transfer the old data to the new card pull it out and stick it in your phone.

Sent from my SGH-T999

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks. I will think about it. I will probably try to get another SD card, but I'm not sure yet.