Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phantom Skinz, worth it or waste of money

I'm having a fit to get one of these but i dont want to pay $30 for stickers. I'm hoping someone can put up their opinions on this product and how you like it, pros and cons.
    Look Ma, I gots me a smart phone

My Time Line->Samsung 540->LG VX8300->LG EnV Orange->Storm 1->Droid X->Droid Razr Maxx

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

Default Re: Phantom Skinz, worth it or waste of money

I've bought several of them and imo they're good for the rest of the phone but the screen. Problem is application is a b!+ch. Again this is just my experience but for the screen they will protect the surface just great. Definitely better than the cheap protectors. But application is a pain. Anything like hair or lint that's in the air will create bubbles if trapped underneath so be careful because it will make your screen look hideous when the screen is off. Now I have applied some (I've really bought like 4 or 5 of them) with only one or two bubbles and it looks great but my next problem was after about 3 months or so (depending on how often you use device) I had a buildup of small scratches on my screen and it wasn't sexy at all. I Decided to remove the protector each time because I couldn't stand the sight of it. Again the screen was totally protected but the protector will eventually show signs of wear. Now the body applicator looks great but collects lint from your pocket if your application is off in the slightest. Nowadays I don't use a screen protector or case at all. I have a Sprint evo 3d and I decided to not use a screen protector and just be careful. I hold my hand tightly when I walk. I don't put it in the same pants pocket as anything (keys, lighter, smokes) and I always have the screen facing my thigh when it's In my pocket in case someone bumps into me or vice versa. I have insurance as well. And I think this phone has gorilla glass so I'm not worried. My advice. Buy a phantom and see if it's for you. Maybe you can apply it with ease or avoid the small scratches and pocket debris buildup. Everybody is different.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am digging their full body skins, im wanting one of their woodgrain pattern designs, and plus you get two screen protectors when you purchase their full body skins. I have a razr maxx, and i love how thin it is and don't want to add alot of bulk, and im very careful with my electronics, i dont drop stuff all the time but I am concerned with the everyday scratches, sitting it on a table and it rubbing kind of stuff.

If you are looking for a good screen cover i use an anti glare screen protector that was made for the HTC Evo 3D but it works great for my Motorola Photon 4G. Dont know what phone you have so it might not fit your screen. Hope this helps
    Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phantom Skinz, worth it or waste of money-uploadfromtaptalk1349923909108.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'm looking for all around protection, screen, sides, back, edges, the whole thing, I don't want to put this phone in a case, I like the naked feel but I'd like to have a bit of protection to, have my cake and eat it to kind of sense. If I can get some opinions from the community here, it would help in my decision making process.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom v5.1

I have the casemate barely there case and I can hardly tell it's on my one x. It also gives it a little bit of extra grip and looks fantastic

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have had my sights set on the case mate barely there case for the razr maxx, and i like it to, it cost just as much as the stickers from Phantom Skinz does and your actually getting more for your money.

I had one of these on my previous phones and made the mistake of trying to install it myself and botched it.

It's harder than it looks. If you are already spending that much on a protector, just pay a little extra and have a shop do it for you prefessionally. Especially if you are really anal about getting everything perfect.
    If X were here, he would have tried to talk things out first. Unfortunately for you, X isn't here.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Oh I'm definitely anal about my electronics