How the crap do you save images from google now!?!?!?

onelegchair

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, sorry about the yelling, but i'm going insane. On jelly bean when using Google now to search something, then tabbing over to "Images" after you find the image you want how do you save it? Normal Google search you just long press and save as, but nothing I'm doing is working. Please save me! D:

onelegchair

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I tap on the image and it doesn't do anything. I'm talking about from the google search app. Not opening in a browser or anything. (Just to clarify)

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
You have to open browser from the app. No way to save otherwise from my knowledge

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mrids

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
m using jelly bean and can't save the Google images as well as fb images too..
m using crome browser will any one help me..!! this **** drives me crazy..!!

Greg Savage

May 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Open Google browser
2. Go to www.google.com
3. Click on Images
4. Search for images
5. Click on image; this usually takes you to the web page
6. Long press on image
7. Click on Save

This works for me.

Greg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using AC Forums mobile app

Sandra Forbes

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy too! I was downloading images fine then... suddenly, all I was getting were blank gifs (s.gif)? Both download folders are full of black nothing.. the only work around of sorts I have been able to come up with is doing a screen shot but, that's not really what I want.. I WANT what I had before... was there an update of something that made this happen? I am on android 4.1.2
I can save from google images just not other websites...

Brandon Moore2

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I noticed it too, like music everyone is getting tired of "image piracy" in which you have catfish, African scammers and other hustlers to thank. So people are "locking" their images online basically blocking any options to save it to a computer. Seems as if it has spread quickly to Google and Bing can't copy and paste anything anymore...:-\

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I noticed it too, like music everyone is getting tired of "image piracy" in which you have catfish, African scammers and other hustlers to thank. So people are "locking" their images online basically blocking any options to save it to a computer. Seems as if it has spread quickly to Google and Bing can't copy and paste anything anymore...:-\
Which is complitly useless at least on desktop, your browser needs to download it first in order to view it to begin with

Ty Siharat

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem.. the press and hold worked on my old Android phone, but not my new 4.1.2 version, this really sux.. So frustrated ??!!

Sujindar Singh

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Yeah this is pretty much why it is happening. I know I'm late to the party but I wanted to share a temporary fix. This happens from time to time and the only way to get around it is to go into your browser settings and change it to "desktop view" download all of the images you want and then change it back to mobile view when you are done.

Brian Parker2

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in.
From the "google now" search, I can search for something, then tab over to images, and I'm shown a grid of images very similar to what I would see if I opened chrome and did a google image search. The thing is...it's different. When I do it this way, from the google now search, I do not get any options to download the image.

If I open chrome, go to google and do a search, from here, then go to images, I can long press and download images.

Basically there seems to be some kind of difference between a google now search and searching from google in chrome. Is this what the original poster was talking about, because it's annoying.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Click on image, go to 'show original image' then share it. I use Solid Explorer, which has a 'save to' target in the share list.

Gamer400

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out, tap the image the look for 3 dots in bottom left corner tap the three grey dots then click view browser it will take the image a lot bigger. Hold the image down with one finger and it will show save image, then it will download to your gallery.:)

Maxine Hirro

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Sony Xperia.
1. Once on Google images, tap the image you'd like to save.
2. Once tapped, you will see three dots (vertically arranged) on the lower right (which I think indicates options). Tap that.
3. Once tapped, it will show three options. Tap the one that says "view original image".
4. When you are viewed the original image, long press then tap "save image".

maria Carachure

May 18, 2017
Visit site
Click on images on google... Then click image you want then click on bullets on side where it says view original image. Then long press on the original image... Save image should come up...

A Benjeddi1

Aug 14, 2017
Visit site
Solution to saving images
Click on the"Interner" icon: it is purple colour.
Do not click on Google search.
Then once you find your image click on it and keep finger down until you get drop down menu that allows you to "save as"
Good luck
Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12