Storage full?!

havingaproblem

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Every time I want to download an app, it says that my phone storage is full and that I should delete some apps. So I will. And then I sometimes can download the app. But the problem is that I have less apps than I've ever had and it just keeps saying that my phone storage is full while it shouldn't be cause I used to have like twice as many apps as I have now and there was no problem. The other problem is that some apps don't come up in Google play search. Yeah, I don't know much about phones so I'm sorry if I sound dumb but... What should I do?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Android Central Forums

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings and manage apps and you can sort by size. See which one is eating up your memory.

Also this is just a thought, but on my old evo when I deleted an email, it was going into a trash folder on the phone's storage. It was eating up a half gig. I had to go to my mail app and menu-folders and scroll all the way down to a trash folder at the bottom of the list and empty it. Might be worth looking at.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Also check if your text messaging app is set to auto delete old texts. If you do a lot of texting, you'd be surprised how much those can take up. That was an issue I had on a prior phone, where I wouldn't even add an app or anything but still got storage full notices.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You can also use a file manager (usually faster then manage APP's) to see what & how much is being used.

I would also suggest to clear your APP's cache & then battery pull as well.

Hope that may help as well

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon