Doing a factory reset..and I have some questions?

sarahrenee018

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I've had my phone for almost a year.. so I have a good amount of stuff on it. I'm having some problems, and this is my last resort. I have a cricket Huawei Ascend 2. So basically my question is..first of all, is it possible to save anything on it? I have a google account thats been on the phone the entire time obviously, but I'm going to be using a different one because I won't be using the old one in general anymore..Can I move my contacts over to my new google account somehow? and also, theres an app on this phone called All Backup I believe..and it lets me backup my apps, so I did.. and I'm not sure where they backup to..but when I click on Applications from this app, it gives me the option to Restore..so if I do a factory reset, does this mean I can do that, or is this backing up to the phone and NOT to the SD card? Thanks if you can help me out some, I'm a little nervous about doing this :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

First you should be able from within your Contacts's (menu/settings) have an option to EXPORT your contacts list to file. Then you can pull this file from your sdcard/internal storage and place it on your computer to IMPORT the same way back into your new device/Google account. Also there is options from within GMail & your Google account via online/computer to EXPORT to file also.. Should be options like export to file/EXCEL or other means...

The application your speaking of I'm not familiar with but normally you can't do a true application backup & associated data without the device being rooted. Once rooted you would use a application like Titanium Backup or MyBackup Root to achieve this. You could check with some 3rd party services online like App Brain and others that you can create an account to save your apps to so redownload/restoring those to your new Google account/phone would be easier in the event you don't want to root.

There is also an app called SMS Backup & Restore from the Play Store that you can use to backup your text messages to online or sdcard to save. Not a huge issue to everyone but it is useful to some that save important business or personal related texts. Also has a nice selective restore feature to pick and choose what you want to restore.

Also if your using a 3rd party launcher like Go Launcher, Nova, etc. these all have backup/restore options too.. This can be useful for keeping your desktop (homescreen) and associated settings. Again you can pull the info related for these from your sdcard/internal storage as they will have a specific folder created there for them.

Last, the factory reset will normally wipe the device but usually doesn't touch the sdcard card or internal storage portion. I would make a backup to computer of any pictures, etc. from those areas before doing so just in case.

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1