How can you prevent certain Google contacts from synchronizing with your phone?

cytherian

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I like all the functionality Google has to offer with their contacts management. It's nice to know my contacts are backed up on-line so that I they're not lost if I manage to lose my phone. However, I do not want contacts loaded onto my phone that I do not communicate with by cellphone (only e-mail). There's simply no point to it. I do not use a local client e-mail application--only GMail. I'd rather keep my phone contacts list succinct. But I have yet to figure out a way to do this, except by keeping a separate GMail account specifically for managing my phone contacts (I keep only those with phone numbers, and synchronize with that one). I'd rather keep it all unified in one account (both contacts and calendar). Anybody know how I can do this?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
go here https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#contacts

and remove the group "My contact" from the contact you don't want to see on your phone.

My contact will be the only contact that will be seen on your phone.

I made all contact with phone numbers added to "My Contacts" and removed all other with only email contacts.

also, in contact app-->menu-->Contact to display. You can pretty much configure what you want to see.