Facebook Contacts Merging with Google Contacts STOP IT!

rocco225

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand this. My Facebook contacts are merging with my ICS "People" address book and Google contacts. I don't want this.

I opened the FB app from my Rezound (ICS) and looked at the settings. The "Sync Contacts" option is set to "Don't sync"

Then I looked in the Android Settings --->Accounts&sync--->facebook where there are three boxes, sync calendar, sync contacts, and sync live feed. I made sure all those boxes are unchecked.

Hmm, now what? I figured I'd just try deleting FB from my Rezound but it seems to be undeletable if that's a word. It's like standard bloatware that I actually use on occasion.

So why are my FB contacts still merged with my Google contacts? I am seeing my contacts with their FB photo and this drives me crazy. I don't want FB communicating with my address book. Gingerbread didn't do this.

Thanks for listening,

Roc
HTC Rezound with ICS

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried unmerging a contact, deleting the FB contact, rebooting your phone, and, seeing if it adds it and merges them again? If not, you could always do it for each contact.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
its not merging. it displaying all your contact in one place.
You can customize it

Open people app-->menu-->Contacts to Display-->[Select only the google account]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87