Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Webcam Question

So here is the deal. I have read thru a bunch of forums and having trouble finding an answer. The question I have is, I have an Evo 4g laying around NOT ACTIVAVTED, how do I use the phone as a webcam on my wifi network at home and remote view it on 3g/4g on my gnex? Everything I have found allows you to use the phone as a webcam but only let's you view the cam if on the same wifi network. I need something for when I'm at work so I can log on and just check in. Also, my computer is not working correctly so hooking anything up to the PC is out of the question. Thanks for any and all responses

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Webcam Question

You could try putting the phone at home into a hangout, then you can could join on G+ at work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Tries that already, lol. Bad thing is if i back out (but not close it) of google hangout on my phone while at work, the phone at home closes hangout all together and i cant view anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Does it close the hangout because you were the only two people in the hangout? If so, do you have any other device you could have join the hangout as well, so it isn't automatically closed?