Your device isn't compatible with this version

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried downloading instagram on my tablet and it said your device is not compatible with this version what does this mean?? Help??!!

Welcome to Android Central! What device do you have? Apps are not always compatible with all devices. You could email the developers to ask them if there will be compatible version released, but it's unlikely.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a problem if a manufacturer just puts Play Store on a phone without getting Google involved in the process. What "not compatible with this device" means in that case is (we didn't authorize the manufacturer to use the Google Play Store, so you can't download apps from here".

Your best bet, when common apps give you that error is to get the Amazon App Store app and download your apps from there. It's as safe as Google and they have pretty much the same apps.

aysha saeed

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So I tried to download some app on play stor like snapchat line etc but it said " your divice isn't compatible with his version" I used HTC Verizon

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Apps are not necessarily compatible with all devices. It may depend on hardware or firmware issues.

Micmichael Adflak

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Odp: Your device isn't compatible with this version

I just got it, it can't be too old. What am I missing in my device, how do I check?

I have China made tablet. I was unable to download apps from Google play also. I searched for a solution and found an app called "mobile 1 market." It is just like Google play but does not block devices it finds incompatible. I was able to download every app on mobile 1 market that Google play denied me to download. Hope this helps you out.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As B. Diddy said, not all compilations of all apps are necessarily compatible with all devices. That's just how it is. (Does a size 44 long fit all men? How about if it comes in sizes from 38 to 46, long and regular? Still some men it won't fit? Why don't they make those pants in a 52 inch waist with a 28 inch inseam? Or a 30 inch waist and a 40 inch inseam?)

SONYMANO

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been try to fine a way to download the genuine TomTom UK for my Android car stereo unit which google play indicates is not compatible. I've got a not so genuine copy on the device which works fine but I do want the original so I can also have traffic updates plus any other in app purchase. Apparently there is currently no way to root this unit so I cannot edit the build.prop file. I do not have another android device either. Is there a solution that will allow me to download the original TomTom to the device ?

Rocky Antoky

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Got Mobile 1 market, found New Words with Friends which wouldn't work on my tablet from Google play.. Downloaded from Mobile 1 Market and presto changeo I am in business!

SONYMANO

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
To get apps that are free on Google play that aren't compatible on your device are available from several other sites but to get original paid apps that aren't compatible on your device is more challenging unless the android device has been rooted which my device isn't able.

Joshua Gonzaga

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
MY DEVICE IS SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 I WANTED TO DOWNLOAD DUBSMASH BUT IT SAYS "Your device isn't compatible with this version" Sad life pls help me i don't know why

anonyma

May 15, 2015
Visit site
guys.
i have tghe same problem...I have sony xperia S..even on my factory apps in google play store when i want to update them (including walkman, album, games and apps) it writes that my device isn't compatible with this version.
When i've got the phone the first apps i was downloaded from the play store was Dubsmas..it was full of bugs ..i deleted..reinstalled...nothing...
a couple days i updated my software and when i wanted to reinstall dubsmash i did't find in play store's search..just in my downloaded apps. and then i saw that most of the factory apps are in the same situation..can't update them...
i tried everything but no ideas anymore. plese help!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21