Manually updating Bionic to ICS

adlee_98

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am trying to update my Bionic to ICS, but, when I do, I get "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later." I was able to update my wife's phone, but, cannot on mine.

Thanks in advance.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Have done any mods to your phone rooting flashing removing any bloat? Have you tried a reboot our wiping cache? It could be the update hasn't reached that device yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Head over to the Bionic specific forums. There's a flurry of threads about the OTA update. If you're not 100% stock, including rooted, look for the various threads about the House of Bionic. SamuraiHL created a cool scripted program to manually install ICS without taking it OTA and is nearly fool proof if you don't mind doing custom work. Just make sure you read ALL of the instructions, including his FAQbefore doing it, and don't skip any steps unless it specifically says it's optional. I did it trouble free after already being on an earlier ICS leak. Hardest part was downloading the 905 & 246 version files because they're so large. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay