Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 not connecting to wi-fi

Hi all -

New here, so bear with me if I'm asking a dumb question (I am by no means a technical type by the way, so please bear this in mind when/if replying).

Our home wifi router gives my wife and I perfect wifi speed & strength for both laptops, both i-touches & my iPad; however, bought my wife a Nexus 7 yesterday & it always states 'out of range' unless I am within 5 feet of the router (as this is upstairs in a spare room, this is not exactly ideal...)

I've seen elsewhere there are possible issues with the Nexus 7 & also the Kindle Fire HD (which is/was an alternative for my wife) & could be down to 5ghz or 2.4ghz transmission on the router??? Told you I'm not technical

Any advice? Should the Nexus 7 go back in favour of a Kindle Fire HD (which boasts better wifi connectivity)?

Many thanks,

Jim Garten

Default Re: Nexus 7 not connecting to wi-fi

I'd like to find out too. My Mum's planning to upgrade our internet to a faster speed and I'm worried about compatibility.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    2,783 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

I'd guess that you got a defective Nexus. Everyone is different, but I'd ask for a replacement.

@TomsAndroid:
    The Nexus will work up to N, and there's nothing faster at this time, so it should work.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for confirming that :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7