- 1 Posts
Nexus 7 not connecting to wi-fi
Hi all -
New here, so bear with me if I'm asking a dumb question (I am by no means a technical type by the way, so please bear this in mind when/if replying).
Our home wifi router gives my wife and I perfect wifi speed & strength for both laptops, both i-touches & my iPad; however, bought my wife a Nexus 7 yesterday & it always states 'out of range' unless I am within 5 feet of the router (as this is upstairs in a spare room, this is not exactly ideal...)
I've seen elsewhere there are possible issues with the Nexus 7 & also the Kindle Fire HD (which is/was an alternative for my wife) & could be down to 5ghz or 2.4ghz transmission on the router??? Told you I'm not technical
Any advice? Should the Nexus 7 go back in favour of a Kindle Fire HD (which boasts better wifi connectivity)?
- 10-26-2012, 04:33 AM #2
- 10-27-2012, 11:36 PM #3
Re: Nexus 7 not connecting to wi-fi
I'd guess that you got a defective Nexus. Everyone is different, but I'd ask for a replacement.
The Nexus will work up to N, and there's nothing faster at this time, so it should work.
- 10-28-2012, 04:02 AM #4
- By NicoleW78 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 09-07-2013, 11:34 PM
- By PackerBadger in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 7Last Post: 03-24-2011, 11:46 AM
- By TigerDave99 in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 16Last Post: 03-01-2011, 08:16 AM
- By laughingperson5 in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 0Last Post: 06-24-2010, 01:08 AM
- By clucas#AC in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 4Last Post: 03-25-2010, 10:32 AM