Samsung Transform Ultra charging port problem

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Problem is that the phone wouldn't charge this morning. After a little wiggling on the cord it finally started charging. Once I unplugged it the phone started to act like someone was continually plugging and unplugging the charger cord. This evening I pushed a screwdriver across some of the contacts and around the port, now it's acting normal, but when I plug the cord in it doesn't have the same snap or pop into place that it once had. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Android Central Forums

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look at the port with a good magnifier and in a good light. Compare what you see to a good port (in another phone, maybe). The problem is usually some dirt in the port or something bent.

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have called Samsung and it would be nice if they just sent me a refurbished phone since it's still under warranty. It would make a nice Christmas gift for my sister, since I've already bought a new Samsung Galaxy SII through Boost Mobile.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Android Central Forums

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
So my old Samsung Transform Ultra came back with a new battery and I am assuming a repaired charging port. I don't really know what they did to the port because the invoice just said replaced component, it does work now and I gave it as a gift to my sister.

Sent from my Boost Galaxy SII.

Michael L Kennedy

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Rukbat!
my STU just started doing that, yesterday.
Unfortunately, no one around me has the microUSB port on their phones.
What is it supposed to look like when I see it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again!