Really need easy solution for sharing pictures across my devices and my pc.

hanly2

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I cannot for the life of me find a easy solution for this. But in my head it should be real easy maybe if I had a Ios device. I have a few android phones that we use for taking pictures, we also have a hp touchpad running android that we like to have run the "android gallery" slideshow app when it is docked on the touchstone. I have been trying to successfully use picasa but man is it limited. I just want to be able to take pictures and be able to have them uploaded either on the road via cell service and at home via wifi. I also wan't my pc to be able to sync with this service so that I have a permanent copy of the picture saved on my HD. So I would like it to work like this. I go somewhere with my family and I take 20 pictures. I come home, and put my phone down. It connects to wi-fi uploads my pictures to "service". Touchpad then has those pictures to show in slideshow. PC also downloads those pictures to hd. But here is another twist. I want to be able to remove some pictures from the slideshow as they get old, but not have them deleted from my pc.
PLEASE HELP. or point me somewhere I can ask this question.
Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how to do it automatically, the way you're describing (there may be an app), but if you save your pictures to the cloud (Dropbox, Sugar Sync, etc.) they'll be available for all your devices, and you can copy them in your PC to somewhere on the hard drive (from the cloud app you choose - most of them appear as a hard drive folder).

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I cannot for the life of me find a easy solution for this. But in my head it should be real easy maybe if I had a Ios device. I have a few android phones that we use for taking pictures, we also have a hp touchpad running android that we like to have run the "android gallery" slideshow app when it is docked on the touchstone. I have been trying to successfully use picasa but man is it limited. I just want to be able to take pictures and be able to have them uploaded either on the road via cell service and at home via wifi. I also wan't my pc to be able to sync with this service so that I have a permanent copy of the picture saved on my HD. So I would like it to work like this. I go somewhere with my family and I take 20 pictures. I come home, and put my phone down. It connects to wi-fi uploads my pictures to "service". Touchpad then has those pictures to show in slideshow. PC also downloads those pictures to hd. But here is another twist. I want to be able to remove some pictures from the slideshow as they get old, but not have them deleted from my pc.
PLEASE HELP. or point me somewhere I can ask this question.
Thanks

DropBox

Use my link below in my signature....

CVisk

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in this as well. Would Picasa not work for this? Is there not a good Picasa app?

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in this as well. Would Picasa not work for this? Is there not a good Picasa app?

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2
yes picasa would work. and most android devices can be set to auto upload directly to picasa. (i actually had to turn this feature off on my phone and tablet because the grandkids kept taking pics of the floor and ceiling).
i don't need an app since once uploaded to picasa they automatically show up in your gallery under online photos

hanly2

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Picasa was ok but I found it confusing for some things. Also you can reach your limit pretty fast. And I was not able to choose which folder in the gallery to stream for the slideshow so it would show all the photos on the device including the wallpapers. I have been using sugarsync and it works great.