Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I get video through HDMI and audio through headphone jack?

Thing is I have an old TV with a DVI connection - I have put an HDMI Convertor on it and it woks fine with my laptop - so with a laptop I output the video via the HDMI cable to the television and stick an audio cable in the headphone socket and get the sound through my hifi.

Someone tried it for me just using a HDMI to HDMI and no sound came from the headphone jack however I wondered if because mine was not "true" HDMI it might work?

Will an android tablet do this?

Default Re: Can I get video through HDMI and audio through headphone jack?

Quote Originally Posted by urban ali View Post
    Thing is I have an old TV with a DVI connection - I have put an HDMI Convertor on it and it woks fine with my laptop - so with a laptop I output the video via the HDMI cable to the television and stick an audio cable in the headphone socket and get the sound through my hifi.

Someone tried it for me just using a HDMI to HDMI and no sound came from the headphone jack however I wondered if because mine was not "true" HDMI it might work?

Will an android tablet do this?
    Sorry, but from what I know it will not work that way....

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX

Default Re: Can I get video through HDMI and audio through headphone jack?

Try SoundAbout in the market. It allows you to re-route the media audio.