Want to switch to android but concerned about data security

goldaqua

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, iPhone user here. I want to get the Samsung Galaxy Note ii when it's available for AT&T but I'm hesitant about switching to Android due to possible security issues. There have been articles circulating lately about the security of android apps and how some can leak credit card information and personal data. Just wanted to get some input on this. Are there any precautions I can take to maximize security on android? Such as not using banking apps to do mobile banking? I don't download random apps called something like "1001 Weird Facts" so I'm hoping that its a good start. Thanks for any advice you can give. And please let me know if I'm reading into this too much.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've never personally heard of someone getting their information stolen by an app, and if you only install legitimate apps I don't think you would have anything to worry about. If you're really that concerned, you could install a (free) anti-virus program like this. It's harder to get your CC info stolen/ personal info stolen/ a virus than you probably think. I've downloaded hundreds of sketchy/illegal things like apps/music/videos/pr0n and never once had a problem.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi, iPhone user here. I want to get the Samsung Galaxy Note ii when it's available for AT&T but I'm hesitant about switching to Android due to possible security issues. There have been articles circulating lately about the security of android apps and how some can leak credit card information and personal data. Just wanted to get some input on this. Are there any precautions I can take to maximize security on android? Such as not using banking apps to do mobile banking? I don't download random apps called something like "1001 Weird Facts" so I'm hoping that its a good start. Thanks for any advice you can give. And please let me know if I'm reading into this too much.

If anything Android has better security, but it's a matter of opinion.

Also all programs can be compromised same as a PC or MAC

Be wise on what you do, ie I don't shop or use online banking with my iPhone or Android devices.

Hope that helps cuz you will always get the iPhone vs Android BS....