Nexus 7 Phone, WiFi "AddNetwork" Button Crashes to Settings Menu

ceafin

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My work has hidden their SSID, thus the need for me to use the "Add Network" button at the bottom of the WiFi Settings menu; however, upon click the "Add Network" button, it just crashes and takes me back to the Settings screen. I click back on WiFi, it scans for the broadcasting SSIDs, and I click the "Add Network" button at the bottom again, and crash back to Settings Menu.

I just got this phone from my work for my work. They don't know anything about Android products, and my Google-Fu hasn't been strong enough to figure out anyone else that has had this issue and how to fix it. Any clues?

Thanks everyone!

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My work has hidden their SSID, thus the need for me to use the "Add Network" button at the bottom of the WiFi Settings menu; however, upon click the "Add Network" button, it just crashes and takes me back to the Settings screen. I click back on WiFi, it scans for the broadcasting SSIDs, and I click the "Add Network" button at the bottom again, and crash back to Settings Menu.

I just got this phone from my work for my work. They don't know anything about Android products, and my Google-Fu hasn't been strong enough to figure out anyone else that has had this issue and how to fix it. Any clues?

Thanks everyone!

FYI: I do know that many devices do not work with hidden SSID's

Simple test it: by connecting to a non-hidden SSID, if it connects thats why, if it does not it's a device or user issue with settings.

You should also if you haven't take a look at your N7 manual and N7 Forum in case there is something specific

I also assumed you have done a battery pull and/or shutdown between attempts to clear any corrupt data

Hope that may help

ceafin

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
FYI: I do know that many devices do not work with hidden SSID's
So I have been reading :( But my previous Droid X hadn't any problems, so I am still in hopeful mode.
Simple test it: by connecting to a non-hidden SSID, if it connects thats why, if it does not it's a device or user issue with settings.
I was able to connect it to my home wireless, so that's a little discouraging.
You should also if you haven't take a look at your N7 manual and N7 Forum in case there is something specific
The manual that came with it was pretty lacking in most every aspect of the phone. I am still lurking for better corners to search for clues. I just figured throwing it up in the general area might catch some people that experienced similar operating behaviors.
I also assumed you have done a battery pull and/or shutdown between attempts to clear any corrupt data
Yes sir! I'll always do some reboots, resets, clears, battery pulls, etc in between any oddity troubleshooting I am up against with my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21