Canadian eh?

Douglerful

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yah im a bit of a newb, but yah here we go. I'm planning to buy myself a brand spankin new phone, i wanna buy one that will get 3.0 (1ghz, 3.5 inch, etc) and would love one with a good camera. The only problem being is that I'm up in British Columbia and Androids been slow to take off here so i was thinking of sending money to my relatives in boston to buy one and send it up here. So my questions is which phones could i unlock and get to work up here in canada, preferably compatible with the upcoming Wind Network? P.S. sorry if this is the wrong sub forum, I don't know where to put it.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You'll need a phone supporting the 1700 MHz band then, otherwise known as AWS. The Nexus one is one example of such a phone. :) Haven't tried it myself, but if it's anything like my Desire, it's great. Doesn't have the Sense UI but that's a matter of taste anyway.

Not too many other phones supporting Wind at the moment, none of the phones on HTC's and Motorola's global sites do.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Those specs you mentioned as requirements for Gingerbread were debunked by Google as a rumor. If you get a N1 or a Milestone you should be fine.

Douglerful

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thats nice about the specs, but still i'd prefer something relatively close. The Legend wouldn't be bad, it just seems a bit small for me and I'm not a huge fan of sense. I was hoping to unlcock a Droid X and bring it up here but that may not work.... (Update: Yep definitely wont work)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12