HTC Design Wifi Issue -- Please Help.

Sahveen

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey there everyone!!
I often found your forums to be quite informative when I was using my Samsung 4G (Galaxy S I), it had helped me a lot, well, before my touch screen took a dive .. then I had to get a new phone. I purchased an HTC Design back in May or June of this year, and I have not had many issues with the until pretty recently. First it started "over heating", and it would get so hot that I would have to turn it off for a while, next the screen (not the glass piece, but the little LCD thing) started to show signs of "wear", lines and things would show up when I would be on a call and have to use the keypad, or something as simple as viewing or sending a text. I would get little "hiccups" with the wifi; it would show that it was connected, but it wouldn't allow me to use GTalk or it would take too long to browse the internet. Now that my phone took a 10 ft dive to the floor in a fit of accidental acrobatics, everything else still works (mostly) except the wifi, save my screen responding a little slower than usual.

I guess the question is simply this: Is there a way to fix it with out dealing with Sprint (I don't carry phone insurance, I know it's not a smart decision) or should I just turn it and my poor old GS 1 in for some store credit and buy a new phone? If there is a way to fix it that doesn't involve dissembling the phone, that would be great, but if Ihave to take it apart, we can do that too.

Thanks so much!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Next time you are having issues with heat, I'd contact your carrier right away and ask for a replacement. You could still try.

If that isn't an option, you could try a factory reset in hopes that some of your many issues could clear up.

As for taking the phone apart, I'll let someone else take that one, lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463