Greetings

I've moved from the Droid X (froyo/gingerbread) to the Samsung S3 and find that the predictive text is horrible. I rarely needed to correct or select the spelling/word I wanted with the Droid X I had however with the S3 I find that I am doing it a couple of times per msg or email.

So is this a android version issue ? A Motorola vs Samsung issue ? Do I need a better keyboard ?

What do I need to do so that I am not spending so much time correcting the predictive text ?

Thanks
    11-06-2012 08:19 AM
    I've never had luck with predictive text on any phone, so my best advise is just turn it off.
    11-06-2012 08:55 AM
    I've never had luck with predictive text on any phone, so my best advise is just turn it off.
    Well yes there is that but wasn't my desire, I wanted what I had on the Droid X. GOOD predictive Text.
    11-06-2012 01:21 PM
    I had the same problem and stumbled across a thread on the verizon forum of someone complaining about the same thing. someone on there suggested that they should try the beta version of swype. and posted a link. I also tried the link and am overly happy with the results. im pretty sure the link was Swype | Text Input for Screens and it gave a step by step on how to install it after you registered your email and sent the download to the email so you could access it from your droid. I have tryed several that were on the google play store and none of them had the swipe feature. it takes me half of the time now to text since I installed swype. they also said its one of the more perfected apps so not to be afraid of the warnings. I'll check the link and post it again if I was wrong about the one I posted
    11-07-2012 09:50 AM