Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Predictive Text

Greetings

I've moved from the Droid X (froyo/gingerbread) to the Samsung S3 and find that the predictive text is horrible. I rarely needed to correct or select the spelling/word I wanted with the Droid X I had however with the S3 I find that I am doing it a couple of times per msg or email.

So is this a android version issue ? A Motorola vs Samsung issue ? Do I need a better keyboard ?

What do I need to do so that I am not spending so much time correcting the predictive text ?

Thanks

Default Re: Predictive Text

I've never had luck with predictive text on any phone, so my best advise is just turn it off.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I've never had luck with predictive text on any phone, so my best advise is just turn it off.
    Well yes there is that but wasn't my desire, I wanted what I had on the Droid X. GOOD predictive Text.

I had the same problem and stumbled across a thread on the verizon forum of someone complaining about the same thing. someone on there suggested that they should try the beta version of swype. and posted a link. I also tried the link and am overly happy with the results. im pretty sure the link was Swype | Text Input for Screens and it gave a step by step on how to install it after you registered your email and sent the download to the email so you could access it from your droid. I have tryed several that were on the google play store and none of them had the swipe feature. it takes me half of the time now to text since I installed swype. they also said its one of the more perfected apps so not to be afraid of the warnings. I'll check the link and post it again if I was wrong about the one I posted