- 85 Posts
I've moved from the Droid X (froyo/gingerbread) to the Samsung S3 and find that the predictive text is horrible. I rarely needed to correct or select the spelling/word I wanted with the Droid X I had however with the S3 I find that I am doing it a couple of times per msg or email.
So is this a android version issue ? A Motorola vs Samsung issue ? Do I need a better keyboard ?
What do I need to do so that I am not spending so much time correcting the predictive text ?
- 11-06-2012, 09:55 AM #2
- 11-07-2012, 10:50 AM #4
- 11 Posts
Re: Predictive Text
I had the same problem and stumbled across a thread on the verizon forum of someone complaining about the same thing. someone on there suggested that they should try the beta version of swype. and posted a link. I also tried the link and am overly happy with the results. im pretty sure the link was Swype | Text Input for Screens and it gave a step by step on how to install it after you registered your email and sent the download to the email so you could access it from your droid. I have tryed several that were on the google play store and none of them had the swipe feature. it takes me half of the time now to text since I installed swype. they also said its one of the more perfected apps so not to be afraid of the warnings. I'll check the link and post it again if I was wrong about the one I posted
- By kostanp in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 3Last Post: 07-15-2013, 09:07 AM
- By bsmith1051 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 2Last Post: 05-24-2010, 12:21 PM
- By draken in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 4Last Post: 04-30-2010, 11:11 AM
- By dehydorn#CB in forum HTC HeroReplies: 2Last Post: 04-04-2010, 11:59 PM
- By adriantc in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 7Last Post: 11-22-2009, 12:57 AM