- 4 Posts
My phone won't connect to wifi... [IMPORTANT]
I got a really bad problem. My Samsung GS3 won't connect to my Uni's wifi. It connects to every other wifi, except my Uni's. This is a problem because I'm on low Mobile Data allowance, and that's because I didn't know my phone wouldn't be able to connect to my Uni's wifi...
And it's something wrong with mine (which is specifically a 4g/lte), since my friend has a Samsung GS3, and that connects fine.
Anyways, I think it has something to do with the 802.1x EAP wifi's... when I try to connect, it just keeps saying connecting and sometimes ends up "Authorization error".
Here's some screenshots;
Would appreciate any possible solutions to try.
- 11-08-2012, 09:03 AM #2
Re: My phone won't connect to wifi... [IMPORTANT]
"Authorization error". = wrong settings, pass, etc as you know & can also be from corruption
Here I will throw a few quick things at ya that you might of missed that may help:
Try putting all settings on your WiFi (phone) to generic
Can you connect to any other WiFi?
Double check your pass
Did you try rebooting the WiFi Router?
Did you try deleting all other WiFi Accounts & rebooting?
Did you try a battery pull to reset any corrupted data? (Do it anyways!)
Then if it still does not work, copy your friends Samsung GS3 Wifi settings exactly to try it.
BTW nice pics
Hope that helps
- By bailcam in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 8Last Post: 10-20-2013, 11:30 AM
- By NicoleW78 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 09-07-2013, 11:34 PM
- By Joemarsico in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 3Last Post: 05-11-2012, 02:29 PM
- By palmer0700 in forum Samsung ReplenishReplies: 3Last Post: 04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
- By Jenayalynn in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 09-03-2010, 12:38 AM