Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My phone won't connect to wifi... [IMPORTANT]

Hey,

I got a really bad problem. My Samsung GS3 won't connect to my Uni's wifi. It connects to every other wifi, except my Uni's. This is a problem because I'm on low Mobile Data allowance, and that's because I didn't know my phone wouldn't be able to connect to my Uni's wifi...

And it's something wrong with mine (which is specifically a 4g/lte), since my friend has a Samsung GS3, and that connects fine.

Anyways, I think it has something to do with the 802.1x EAP wifi's... when I try to connect, it just keeps saying connecting and sometimes ends up "Authorization error".

Here's some screenshots;

Would appreciate any possible solutions to try.

Thanks.

Default Re: My phone won't connect to wifi... [IMPORTANT]

"Authorization error". = wrong settings, pass, etc as you know & can also be from corruption

Here I will throw a few quick things at ya that you might of missed that may help:

Try putting all settings on your WiFi (phone) to generic

Can you connect to any other WiFi?

Double check your pass

Did you try rebooting the WiFi Router?

Did you try deleting all other WiFi Accounts & rebooting?

Did you try a battery pull to reset any corrupted data? (Do it anyways!)

Then if it still does not work, copy your friends Samsung GS3 Wifi settings exactly to try it.

BTW nice pics

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Cellmeister; 11-08-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: text

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX