Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Zte Merit Z990g: flashed wrong recovery

When i first got this phone a few months ago i did something stupid. I flashed the wrong cwm recovery with rom manager even though its not supported on my phone. I keep trying to flash a different recovery using the terminal emulator, but to no Avail. Still cant boot into recovery. Any ideas how to fix?

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Zte Merit Z990g: flashed wrong recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Cometh View Post
    When i first got this phone a few months ago i did something stupid. I flashed the wrong cwm recovery with rom manager even though its not supported on my phone. I keep trying to flash a different recovery using the terminal emulator, but to no Avail. Still cant boot into recovery. Any ideas how to fix?

download Rom manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tta.rommanager

and if your device is supported and if CWM recovery is available you can flash it from android itself.
    you have to give root permission.
    Thanked by:
    Android Powered Human

ROM
    Stock ROM / Rooted Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Cometh View Post

This link has the proper recovery for your phone as well as instructions for how to install it. Use a PC, if you have access to one, to do the install as it's much easier using ADB on a computer than on a phone. Just be sure to turn on USB debugging mode. Sorry if you've already done everything there, but it seemed the simplest solution to the problem you have. Good luck!

If I've helped, feel free to hit that "THANKS" button. It will make my day!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That.KS, ill give it a try, and I will let you know if it works. Unfortunately the terminal on the phone is the only way I am able to do it at the moment. Edit: I've tried those link several times but the file have been removed. He says they were reposted but they are down again. I found some other one though but its still not working. Do i need to rename them to a specific name or does it matter?

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G