Question re: multiple Exchange account calendars

CaliCat

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of going back to Android... have a question that searching has not yet yielded the information I need. Hoping someone here has expertise/experience they can share.

I need to know if I will be able to sync the following:

• my personal Gmail: email + calendar
  • my corporate Exchange account: email + calendar
  • my boss' corporate Exchange account: calendar ONLY

I have proxy access into my boss' Exchange account, and need to be able to carry his calendar with me. Do NOT want the two Exchange calendars to be merged.

I know that I can keep my Gmail account separate from the corporate account, so that part's great. The complication is being able to sync the two separate Exchange calendars, and the fact that I have proxy access granted to my boss' account rather than the actual login.

In the past, the unwieldy solution was to have to manually duplicate every calendar entry from my boss' Exchange calendar in my own Exchange calendar. I'm hoping there's a way around having to do this... also, when my boss adds/deletes on his calendar I want to be able to have that info update for me, which obviously doesn't happen with my manual workaround.

Hopefully this made sense! Any direction to helpful info and/or necessary 3rd party apps would be greatly appreciated.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to handle all of this natively in the accounts section of the settings menu. The only monkey wrench would be the proxy access to your boss' account. I'm not too familiar with how that works, but as long as the account has a standard username/password and access to the calendar, you should be able to allow for syncing. In the accounts section of android you can pick and choose what you'd like to be synced so you can remove what you don't need or don't have access to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech