Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Caller ID Broken??

Wasn't for sure where to put this so feel free to move it around. This is not a device specific question.

I have a customer here that whenever someone calls his phone, whether they are stored in the contacts or not the phone displays that the call is coming from "Unavailable". When receiving texts the name/contact/number is displayed fine. I have googled this and can only come up with other people who are having the same problem but no answers as to how to fix it. I have talked to NSS and tech support, we have checked the account for blocks/soc codes etc and have come up with nothing. We have ruled out the phone as the problem because this has been happening in the last 3 phones he has carried. He had the LG Optimus S when he came into the store and was upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3 today. Any ideas? If I get a resolution I will keep you guys posted. Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Caller ID Broken??

Well it's finally fixed...tech support said they had to access an old tool referred to as the ESM tool that used to be used for managing caller id and call forwarding.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Caller ID Broken??

Good to know, I take it this was a long standing account? I am just moving to sprint and checking all the danger spots out a head of time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2