Quick question about battery charger

fwellers

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just picked up my first android, a Motorola Razr hd maxi. I've been using blackberry for many years.
I have a car charger for my old blackberry 9900 bold. Its usb2, just like the charging port on the razor.
Does that mean it will work just fine and be safe to use on the razr ?

thanks !
Floyd

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If the usb will physically fit (Don't force it!) than yes it will work fine and be safe to use. The razr is a micro usb, and from googling so is the blackberry. It should work fine.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
blackberry chargers are usually safe to use on android devices. but motorola devices can be very picky so keep a close watch on you phone when you use it for the first few times, make sure that it is working and that the phone is not overheating, etc. stay away from 3rd party chargers as there have been numerous reports of problems. and just a heads up, just because a charger fits doesn't mean it will work. i have one that ( i'm not sure which device it came with) will work and charge my husband's droid charge and his wifi zoom tablet but does not work on my droid bionic at all, my phone doesn't even recognize that a charger is plugged in.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
If you think about your charger as a water source, and your phone as a drain, the drain will only take so much water. It doesn't matter how much water you pour into the drain, whether it's you turning on the tap, or taking a 5 gallon pail and dumping it into the sink. The same is true for your battery, it will only draw, what it's capable of drawing.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You need to check the output amperage of the charger. As long as it is equal to or greater than that of the factory charger you have, you should be fine. As have been said, don't worry if it's rated higher because the phone will only draw as much as it needs. If it's lower, then you will over work the charger and it may fail, as well as possibly not give enough power to run the phone and you'll see your battery drain while plugged in.

I've heard that Motorolas can be finicky about non-OEM chargers, but I haven't had that problem with my Bionic and regular Razr.