Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Larger notifications

Coming from an iphone for the last few years, one thing I have gotten used to are notifications that show up on the screen, even on the lock screen. Is there a way to do this on Android? I only get notifications at the top and then have to unlock the phone and scroll down to see them. This also goes for texts as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Default Re: Larger notifications

you can use cutom lock widget or if you are using lock screen without lock
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Yea, look into a custom lock screen. I believe some launchers come with options for custom lock screens as well.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I would like to have it on yhe home screen as well, not just the lock screen.

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by surebuttercringe View Post
    I would like to have it on yhe home screen as well, not just the lock screen.

How would you have notifications on the home screen? I'm confused. You mean you want some kind of widget with notifications?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

On an iPhone, you can set this to come up in the lock screen and in the home screen. You can set it up to banner flash, or a notification like shown above.

Perfect example of why I would like this. Just now, my Note 2 made the Sportscenter notification sound, but other than that it did nothing else. It didn't flash the screen on for a few seconds, there is no notification LED, basically nothing to tell me that something is happening other than the audible tone. Even when I unlock the phone, the only thing I see is the SC logo in the notifications area, and I still have to scroll down to see it.

Is there something that is similar to this in Android through the settings without having to load a widget? I tried the Sportscenter widget and it doesn't update with the scores, it just shows when the next game is.

I use Pops..... Free at the play store...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by surebuttercringe View Post
    Perfect example of why I would like this. Just now, my Note 2 made the Sportscenter notification sound, but other than that it did nothing else. It didn't flash the screen on for a few seconds, there is no notification LED, basically nothing to tell me that something is happening other than the audible tone. Even when I unlock the phone, the only thing I see is the SC logo in the notifications area, and I still have to scroll down to see it.
    Apps wont use your LED unless they are designed too. Some have an option to do so in settings. Check there. I haven't heard of anything that turns the screen on though. Well, you open your notifications, tap the SC notification, and, it'll bring you into the app to see what it was about. That's generally how notifications work. Some notifications will display more information in the actual notification than others.

If you want a lock screen, that's easy, but, if you want to see something on the home screen, it's going to have to be a widget. That's what goes on the home screen. Widgets or icons. Give what Tayman suggested a shot.